The Commission has approved the issuance of a report to Congress regarding the Do Not Call Registry for Fiscal Year 2006. The report contains information on the following topics:
- An analysis of the effectiveness of the Registry
- The number of consumers who have placed their telephone numbers on the Registry
- The number of entities paying fees to access the Registry and the amount of the fees
- The progress of coordinating the operation and enforcement of the Registry with similar registries maintained by the states
- The progress of coordinating the operation and enforcement of the Registry with enforcement activities of the Federal Communications Commission under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- FTC enforcement of the Registry under the Telemarketing Sales Rule. The Commission vote approving issuance of the report was 5-0.